Hairdressers and Barbers


Do you have...


If yes, we'd love to hear from you.


Do you have...


If yes, we'd love to hear from you.

Sponsorship opportunities for people aged 45 years and over

Permanent residence opportunities

Most people need to be under 45 years of age when they apply for a permanent residence visa.

In some parts of Australia, however, such as Cairns in Northern Queensland (Great Barrier Reef) and Bunbury, Busselton and Albany in the South West of Western Australia, a completely different set of rules apply.

It’s almost impossible to get your average Aussie to relocate from suburbia (think Neighbours or Home and Away!!) to some of Australia’s incredible seaside tourist towns, where some people can obtain a permanent residence visa if they are under 55 years of age!

If you are under 55 years of age and an experienced hairdresser or barber and would like to explore your options for migrating to Australia, we’d love to hear from you.

Temporary residence opportunities

The subclass 482 visa is a temporary work visa that can be granted for up to 4 years for some occupations, and for up to 2 years for others.

There is no upper age limit with the 482 visa and not everyone wants to live permanently in Australia.

This means that even if you are in your 40s, 50s or even 60s and fancy a few years working as a hairdresser or barber in one of the most amazing countries in the world, it might be possible!

Worldpool is on the hunt for experienced hairdressers and barbers who want to make a new life for themselves and their families in Western Australia. Worldpool is a Western Australian business that primarily supports Western Australian employers.  

Our business network is Australia wide! Budding migrants with families and friends in other parts of Australia are encouraged to reach out as we can often help find jobs and sponsorships in other States and Territories.

Employer Nominated Visa Comparison Chart

Hairdressers and Barbers

Employer Nominated Visa Comparison Chart –Hairdressers and Barbers

PLEASE NOTE: An employer needs to be a Standard Business Sponsor to nominate an overseas skilled worker for a 482 or 494 visa, or a Temporary Activities Sponsor to nominate for a 407 visa.

This table provides a brief snapshot only of some aspects of the above visa types and must not be relied on as migration advice.

Each nomination and visa application is unique. Obtaining professional, personalised migration advice can make all the difference.

Want To find out more?

Give us a call or email us!

Hairdresser in salon